help needed!

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Rodders

help needed!

Post by Rodders »

Can anyone here give me any pointers or info regarding how to get on DJ mailing lists, also any good vinyl shop websites with online purchasing? Me & few mates are holding our own night in Nottingham, hoping it will become a monthly event, but need to get some good new tunes! Music will be funky housey breaky sort of stuff.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Try www.replayrecords.com they stock a lot of vinyl and also have a load of promos.

Good luck with the nights, don't forget to drop some 808 stuff!!!
Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor »

Rodders - myself and a few mates are also thinking of doing a night in Wolvo...bit o' house, funk and breaks for those in the know!...good luck with it! We're keeping it small - 200 people max - just for the fun really...and because Wolverhampton has become obssessed with UK Garage and pop R n B.

Best site for tunes is Juno Records: www.juno.co.uk
Dont be deceived by the simple look of the graphics - they've kept it simple and concentrated on the content. Massive selection of current stuff, loads of promos (you have to be hawk-eyed to find these,) and good back catalogue. Prices are competitive considering the massive selection, and I've always received next day/day after.

City Sounds www.city-sounds.co.uk is good for House promos - mostly Jazz/funky stuff - they do a good newsletter to keep updated on the new imports etc, but no online listening.

Replay are supposed to be OK, although i've no experience.

Forget mailing lists - every f***er has tried to blag their way onto these - labels normally choose the targets to send to - no profile, no toons.