808-City or United ??

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

David

808-City or United ??

Post by David »

Just wondering if 808 are Blue-inclined or Red-inclined or do they give a toss ??

Plus have they ever done gigs in Liverpool and what has the reaction been ??
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

i remember Donna Air asking Darren on mtv in 98, he said he was a red, but he said a nice message about city (when they were in the lower divisions)
Ancodia

808 Red / 808 Blue

Post by Ancodia »

When Andy and Darren were in Belfast I asked them that very question, I mentioned my old United Away Shirt (see Note below). The boys of course like most Manc's claimed to be City fans. This was most likely a bit of a wind up as Graham confirmed, that although they have no great interest in football they are United fans. This may have been swayed by the wearing of my new United Home Shirt (see Note below) with STATE 808 on the back (and I had to cue for an hour to have it printed, on the day before Castlefield too). Tunes as I have previously noted is a big United Fan and has agreed to attend a match with me in the future.

L8RS,
John

Note: Click the Website link below to view pictures of my United Shirts on my Discussion Regulars Page
Mark

Post by Mark »

There is only one club in Manchester and they wear RED!

Saturday was just a hiccup.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

up the BOLTON!!!
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

I saw them at Liverpool Uni....there wasn't any hostility, just students being students. Thats where I bought my OFFICIAL 808 butterfly T-shirt :P
markus

Night of the Pocket Trumpets

Post by markus »

Pete wrote:up the BOLTON!!!
Good one Pete, I suppose they are my second fave team of the Premiership. Hope they don't go down.
Yes, I think 808 would be dancing in the streets if Man City won the Champions League, just as they did when ManU did. Can't say I like any of those teams meself though, haha.
While we drift into off-topic land, something completely different - today exactly one year ago it was the night of the Pocket Trumpets in Dundee, remember that one Pete? Well, I suppose you don't, haha. This one is going to haunt you forever, believe me.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

yes i have memories of my pocket trumpet solo, must of been the scottish air or was it the lager, never been like that since!!!