We call it Acieeed! compilation

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

nickking

Post by nickking »

New compilation album out on Warner Dance at http://www.warnerdance.com/html/acid.html

Features:

"Pacific State" and Gerald's "Rockin' Ricki" on the first disc, and then mixes Gerald's "Voodoo Ray" into "Flow Coma" on the second disc.

Superb (apart from the fact they misspelt "Newbuild" as "Nubuild" in the notes)!

l8rs,

Nick :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nickking on 2002-05-12 10:56 ]</font>
Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor »

About a year ago I had a mad session snapping up old skool acid compilations on Ebay - found some great (rare) stuff. 'House Hallucinates' - sound of London, Acid House vol 1 (white label compo which was recently featured in Muzik as a 'collectable') and a 4 cd 'bargain-bin' set of about 50 tracks.

Oh yeah - i also found a 7" of Jolly Roger - 'Acid Man' for about £1 - good nostalgia value!

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor »

Nick - forgot to mention - there seems to be a repress of Voodoo Ray doing the rounds at the moment on US label Warlock. Noticed it on several dance websites...

It features (copied from http://www.juno.co.uk): Voodoo Ray (extended mix, "Rham On Acid" mix, Frankie Knuckles/David Morales "Paradise Ballroom", "Penthouse" mixes, "Raydio" mix) (WAR 038)
McBain

Post by McBain »

mmm.. Rockin' Ricki.

I've got the AGCG Peel Sessions 12 with that on.. what a blinding, rolling, rockin' tune!

Shall keep my eye out for that Voodoo Ray pressing, tanx for the info DonkeyDoc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McBain on 2002-05-13 05:10 ]</font>
nickking

Post by nickking »

Cheers for the info on the Warlock record - so, they've finally reissued it then - that'll stop the ridiculous prices on e-bay, then...!!

Oh, and by the way, expect a new issue of 'Voodoo Ray' sometime in the near future :wink:

l8rs,

Nick :wink: