Tom Middleton - 'Sound of the COSMOS'

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor »

Just bought Tom Middleton's excellent new compilation on Hooj; highly recommended IMHO. It's 3 cds categorized as Rhythm/Melody/Harmony and not a single duff track. Ranges from breaks/funk/electro to deep house to downtempo all mixed up via ProTools - each track is so well chosen they seem to 'melt' into one...samples n' fx have been added on the fly, and the impression is of a DJ/Producer completely on top of his game...seriously!
There are many stand-out tracks (especially the manic re-edit of New Order's 'Blue Monday') but the whole thing needs to be listened to as 'one'...which is the only criticism - it's too bleedin long!

This is THE definitive dance compilation for house-heads.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Nice one Rich, I agree there's not a bad track on the whole compilation (about 3 hours long). The Tiga & Zyntherius / New Order mix on the first CD is excellent!

Ian

http://www.reloadonline.com
Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor »

Nice website Ian; I had no idea you were such a fan of Tom M etc.

This is bit of a long-shot, but did you record the first ever 'One World' on radio1 - it was Ian Pooley, but Tom M introduced it - blinding mix of 80's style house/deep etc. My mate taped over it a few months ago (pr*ck) and i'm dyin to get another copy...

:grin: :grin:
Ian

Post by Ian »

Sorry Rich, haven't got that one I've got the Essential Mix he did for Radio 1 last year though..