Pet Shop Boys - Home & Dry Remix?

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Ancodia

Pet Shop Boys - Home & Dry Remix?

Post by Ancodia »

Obviously Nick will probably jump in with the answer to this one, but I'm trying to find the name of a Home & Dry remix, my mate gave it to me on a mix but he can't remember what it was called. It was similar to the ambient version but began will Neil (I think?) putting on an Irish accent and talking for the first minute. A lot like Brad Pitt's awful Irish accent, but the less said about that the better.

Thanks,
John
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have a mix somewhere by trancemeisters Blank & Jones? Could be that.
Ancodia

Flamboyant

Post by Ancodia »

Nope, sorry not as uptempo as that it's closest to the ambient mix.

Just heard PSB's 'Flamboyant' remixes, the Tomcraft mix is really good reminds me of Vanishing Point by New Order.

Still want the old mix of Home & Dry though.

L8RS,
John
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

There is a Home And Dry import 12" titled: Home And Dry - Trance. I don't know the track listing though, will try to find out.
I don't consiously know what Blank & Jones sound like, but their remix of Love Comes Quickly isn't uptempo at all - quite the opposite in fact, if that's any help to anyone.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Okey dokey!

Well, I haven't got any of these mixes (unless it was on the Pop Art mix CD), but here's the following mixes of 'Home & Dry' that I've managed to find:

Radio Edit
Album Version
Blank & Jones Remix Edit
Blank & Jones Remix
Blank & Jones Vocal
Blank & Jones Dub Remix
Ambient Mix
Acappella Version
2nd Trance Mix

As to which one is the one you're looking for, without listening to them it may be a tad difficult!

l8rs,

Nick ;)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Blank & Jones are mainly hard trance, I do have a few of thier albums, but they did one called Relax, with does feature thier remix of Loves Comes Quickly and it is more chilled out ambient stuff, in fact the whole album is hence the title. So it could be them John.
smiley

Post by smiley »

it sounds like one of the demos from the PSB musical "Closer To Heaven" to me...

...the main character was Irish, so when Neil did the demo vocals he also included some of the show dialogue that lead up to the track.

my best guess would be that it's actually a demo of "something special / home", as it is very similar to Home and Dry (i think that H&D was actually based on the chord structure of SS, but don't quote me on that), and starts with Neil speaking in an Irish accent, saying:

"I should go home. At least over there, people die for a cause. What are you looking at?"

is that the one you have? if so, then it's not Home and Dry at all.

if not, let me know what he says in the one you have, and i'll see if i can place it.

cheers,

---
Smiley
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

That all seems very familiar, I had the feeling it might be from a mislabeled demo. At least with a name now, I can at least try to track it down. Big thanks to Smiley for the info and everyone else for their help. Must go off and slap my mate now.

Thanks,
John
smiley

Post by smiley »

no problem, squire.

if you want an mp3 of it - just let me know...

cheers,

---
Smiley