Gatchaman

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Rodders

Post by Rodders »

I've come across a track called 'Callisto' by someone called Gatchaman, and basically it's like a funky deep house remix of Reaper Repo, to the point where it's using either samples of the track or the same sample source as RR. Has anyone else ever heard of it or of Gatchaman? A quick search on Yahoo proved fruitless.

It uses the main synth line "der-der-der-d-d-der.." (oh you know what i mean) plus the higher pitched riff found in RR.

Any info would be appreciated.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Gatchaman is something to do with Japanese Anime, I think it is maybe another name for the old cartoon G-Force or Battle of the Planets as I think it was called over here. It was pretty crap anyway, they all wore shitty bird like outfits and fought this bloke with a pointy head. (anything to do with fat shadow???) Me and the lads from work had a debate about old cartoons n kids shows and we were talking about it yesterday.

Never heard of the artist though. Not much help eh??
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

i emailed the guy who i got the track from, this is his reply:

"haha - Gatchaman is me and you are correct - the track is basically just filtered samples from 'repa repo' with the beat lifted from Photek's 'Mine To Give' and the 'twittering underwater' sound from DJ Q's 'We Are One' - pretty cheeky i know but i thought they 808 thing would work well looped and on a deep house track - altho the results are a little amateurish of course - i added some 909 drums in places but they're not always in time".

Solved! Cheers anyway Mark :wink:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ha Ha!

Cheeky rip-off bugger! f*** all to do with Battle of the planets then!

Oh well, never mind! Close but no cigar.