Optical 90 VHS for sale

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

moky99

Optical 90 VHS for sale

Post by moky99 »

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of a 808:9Optical VHS and have to sell it. It is in France.

Payment only with Paypal. Make me an offer for this VHS. Price of posting will be added according to french rates.

Regards,

Pierre
808 fan since 1990
pacific707

Optical on DVD?????

Post by pacific707 »

Hello! I have Optical on VHS, and I love it, of course - but I'm not willing to part with it unless it gets transferred to DVD (it goes without saying that it needs to be a perfect transfer - a fully-digital transfer for a reasonable price). Are there any plans to re-release this on DVD for any and all parts of the world , Marcus???? Thank God I was able to purchase Optibuk on DVD in a format that will play on American DVD players. Time to get on the Blu-Ray Bandwagon, don't you think, Boys? C'mon, then..........
nickking

Post by nickking »

Erm, am I missing something, but isn't the DVD transfer of Optical called, erm, Optibuk? :)

8)
pacific707

Post by pacific707 »

Nope - Optical and Optibuk are two different animals, entirely. Optical has some early 808 videos, including some great videos from ex:el and before, whereas Optibuk came out several years later (I'm thinking that it came out shortly after "Gorgeous" but I could be all wrong, perhaps it came out much later - it's been a while since I've viewed both the Optical VHS and the Optibuk DVD. But please, don't confuse the two. You won't find Optical on DVD, unfortunately!!! (Snarky Bastards - why not????) They are most definitely not the same thing! Hope this helps!
nickking

Post by nickking »

pacific707 wrote:Nope - Optical and Optibuk are two different animals, entirely. Optical has some early 808 videos, including some great videos from ex:el and before, whereas Optibuk came out several years later (I'm thinking that it came out shortly after "Gorgeous" but I could be all wrong, perhaps it came out much later - it's been a while since I've viewed both the Optical VHS and the Optibuk DVD. But please, don't confuse the two. You won't find Optical on DVD, unfortunately!!! (Snarky Bastards - why not????) They are most definitely not the same thing! Hope this helps!
:-?

Optibuk also has the videos from ex:el and before... 8)

They are both compilations of promo videos - Optical came out after ex:el, and Optibuk came out in 2002... Optibuk contains the vast majority (excluding one of the promo videos) of stuff that was on Optical - hence the name! :P

Optical tracklist:

Cobra Bora
Olympic
Cubik
The Only Rhyme That Bites
In Yer Face
Tunes Splits The Atom
Pacific

Optibuk tracklist:

Pacific 707
Ancodia
The Only Rhyme That Bites
Tunes Splits The Atom
Cubik
Olympic
In Yer Face
Ooops (Live Version)
Ooops (Iceland Version)
Lift
Timebomb
One In Ten
Plan 9
10 X 10 X 10
Bond
Azura
Lopez 1997.

So, the only thing that's missing is "Cobra Bora"?

8)
pacific707

Post by pacific707 »

And maybe I'm just losing my MIND!! Sorry, I should really check more thoroughly before posting, but for some reason I thought the features on Optibuk were newer and/or different versions than what came out on Optical. They aren't in my immediate possession as I'm writing this so I can't check....but I will.
G

Post by G »

son, don't dare question agent nick..he will teach you you will not teach him...repeat after me agent nick knows all i know nothing
agent nick knows all i know nothing
agent nick knows all i know nothing :P
nickking

Post by nickking »

G wrote:son, don't dare question agent nick..he will teach you you will not teach him...repeat after me agent nick knows all i know nothing
agent nick knows all i know nothing :P
LOL! :P
G

Post by G »

:P :P
nickking

Post by nickking »

I could be wrong, of course (it does happen!) :P

Must admit I haven't watched Optical for a while now, but from memory, it was just a collection of promo videos that later appeared on Optibuk? :P

8)
Pob

Post by Pob »

Guru Nick is never wrong.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Pob wrote:Guru Nick is never wrong.
I do wish that was the case - far from it! :P

8)
PatFromCanada

Post by PatFromCanada »

You know what? I bet Nick even knows what I've produced and I haven't even released anything yet!

I got it! IS Agent Nick a timelord?

8)
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Agent Who?
nickking

Post by nickking »

Ancodia wrote:Agent Who?
:P

(I know what you mean)! 8)