Making of Pacific State in Electronic Sound mag, again...

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Making of Pacific State in Electronic Sound mag, again...

Post by markus »

OK, I recently picked up Electronic Sound magazine Issue 25 (December 2016) because 808 State was mentioned on the cover. But when I read the article on the Making of Pacific State (Interview with Graham Massey) it felt very familiar. And indeed, the very same interview already appeared in Electronic Sound magazine Issue 3 (July 2013). See the interview here.
Here's a quick view of how the article looked like then, and how it looks now. In my opinion, this magazine will soon be out of business, if this is how they have to fill their pages. I see they are looking for shareholders, good luck with that...

Issue 3:

Issue 25:
Chris the Boy

Re: Making of Pacific State in Electronic Sound mag, again...

Post by Chris the Boy »

And there's no acknowledgement that this is a reprint?
markus

Post by markus »

None whatsoever.
Chris the Boy

Post by Chris the Boy »

Dear God. I know that magazine publishing is in a horrible state, and that people are being made redundant all over the place. But this kind of corner-cutting is only going to accelerate the demise.
markus

Post by markus »

And it's back for a third time, in issue 57, September 2019... amazing. However, I'm not going to diss them, there's a link to 808state.com in the article and there is exciting news on it's way from this magazine...