Outpost Transmission is out in the UK

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

nickking

Outpost Transmission is out in the UK

Post by nickking »

Just to let you all know - Outpost Transmission is out in the UK today, just received it through the post from Simbiotic!

Finally! :D

l8rs,

Nick ;)
robert.orchard

Post by robert.orchard »

I got mine through the post today too :D I didn't get a booklet though. Is it meant to have one, or should I moan to Simbiotic?
nickking

Post by nickking »

Try opening up the double-CD case bit! :P

Very clever design - took me a while (i.e. before somebody e-mailed me) before I discovered it!

l8rs,

Nick ;)
MarkDemon

Outpost Transmission

Post by MarkDemon »

Well I gave in and ordered it from Simbiotic too.

Neither HMV and Virgin Megastore in Kingston-upon-Thames had it in stock. Beggars Banquet hadn't ordered it. They leave that sort of thing to HMV according to the assistant. Guess 808 are too middle of the road for them!

MarkDemon
robert.orchard

Post by robert.orchard »

Hmm :-? There's no booklet whatsoever behind the open up section - just the rear peice of paper. I would have thought there would be something with all the credits on it. The album sounds fantastic though. Classic 808 :D
markus

Post by markus »

Needless to say I have not received a copy yet...
However, try a bit harder Robert, it's there!
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Well, Ive done my bit and Emailed tonights radio 1 DJ's to get them to mention its released........although they wont, including the tom geezer who gave the recent 808 interview.

This could be the only promotion the album gets........get Emailing everyone guys, MTV, national radio, dance mags, local radio, Bin Laden EVERYBODY.....even if they dont mention it at least they'll KNOW about it.

PLAY it LOUD in cars and gigs (Pete etc) and lets get this album mentioned or recognised somewhere that it otherwise wouldn't.
the DJ

Post by the DJ »

SteveC wrote: PLAY it LOUD in cars and gigs (Pete etc) and lets get this album mentioned or recognised somewhere that it otherwise wouldn't.
yeah, find a dirty old bus or a truck and write on the back and on the windows in big letters.

Incidentally, I went around a few record shops last week trying to find out about the album's release. Needless to say, the bigger stores won't have it in stock for at least a month (apparently they order a month in advance?) but I had a positive response from my local indie record store. So, for those of you wanting to buy it from a record store try your friendly local indie record shop. :P
niko

Post by niko »

just ordered my copy from symbiotic, couldn't wait anymore and i think the price is reasonable.
also looking very forward to the vinyl release, does anyone know if it's already being pressed ?
nickking

Post by nickking »

Well, Action Records allegedly have copies in stock (see links page), so that's where I've ordered mine from...

Whether it'll actually arrive until next week is anybody's guess!

l8rs,

Nick ;)
PHILTERFORM

Post by PHILTERFORM »

how long from ordering and recieving your cd from simbiotic
nickking

Post by nickking »

I pre-ordered it about a fortnight ago, but then ammended it mid last week to include another one as a present! Both arrived on Monday.

I believe they're fairly speedy (i.e. order it and then receive it a couple of days later), but I could be wrong...

l8rs,

Nick ;)
Mark

Post by Mark »

No Stock in the big boy stores here. Jap copy keeping me happy, shall probably just wait for a commercial release, then again may order from Symbiotic.
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

I ordered mine on Sunday and got it today. I blasted it at work today and it is going onto tape now to be blasted out in the car tomorrow. Even if I'm the only person in Peebles to have a copy of the album - everyone will hear it! NO CHILL OUT!
markus

Post by markus »

Arrived abroad here too today. Note the suttle difference of the UK & Japan inserts.
Simply Vinyl now selling the double vinyl on their site.