Sisters Of Transistors

Discuss Graham Massey's band Sisters of Transistors.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

nickking

Re: Graham on BBC Manchester tonight

Post by nickking »

Rich The Donkey Doctor wrote:Guys, I have Factory Manchester (Hooky's club) on Facebook and they have posted this today:

"Graham Massey is interviewed this evening at just after 10pm on BBC Radio Manchester about Saturday nights Sisters Of Transistors and Humanizer gig at The Factory Manchester. Listen in live at the link below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bb ... anchester/"

Couldn't see any reference to it on this forum but apologies if I'm duplicating!

Peace... 8)
See above post! :P
Pob

Post by Pob »

markus wrote:SISTERS OF TRANSISTORS AT THE FERRANTI INSTITUTE
(advanced composition for electric organ quartet)
I'm one year late on the uptake with this album. I gave it a listen when it was featured on Last.fm but I honestly didn't get it.

Now I know why. It should be listened to as an album rather than a track here and a track there.

In the world of MP3s and iPods being on shuffle, we, as listeners, have lost the importance of albums being complete works of art. The strange thing is that at different times of the day and, depending on my mood, different tracks from this album pop into my head.

I bought it from iTunes a few weeks ago and it has rarely been off my playlist.

I really regret not going to Hebden Bridge to see them now. I hope I get another chance.

If anyone has not heard the complete album yet then I really recommend you get hold of it. It's £6.99 on iTunes at the moment.