Orbital to play Glastonbury and details of singles album...

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

nickking

Post by nickking »

from nme.com:

ORBITAL are to play GLASTONBURY.
Orbital have previously announced two open-air shows at London's Somerset House (June 21-22), and have now confirmed they will headline the 'Other' stage at this year's Glastonbury (June 29).
The Hartnoll Brothers will precede their appearance at the event with the release of a Greatest Hits album, 'Work 1989 - 2002' on May 27 via FFRR.
The album is a retrospective collection which starts with 1989's classic 'Chime' and includes a new track 'Frenetic'.

Also, from Loopz (Orbital site):

Orbital are to release 'Work' on the 27th May, a restrospective collection
from 1989 - 2002. This will be preceded on the 20th May with 'Rest' and
'Play', which will include a brand new track 'Frenetic' and a new mix of
'Chime' entitled the Live Style Mix.

Tracklisting for Work :-

Chime
Choice
Illuminate
Satan Spawn
Nothing Left
Halcyon
Are We Here?
Style
The Box
Frenetic
Lush
Funny Break
Belfast

Hmmm... Glastonbury? I'm off to Amsterdam a day later...

l8rs,

Nick :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nickking on 2002-04-04 12:10 ]</font>
Pob

Post by Pob »

Orbital can do no wrong (except a few tracks on The All Together). But a best of..? I know I got 808:88:98 but it was a present.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Yeah, that's true - the reason for the best of is that they've left London Records now, hence the 'Greatest Hits'.

Your best bet is to buy the new single (featuring a new version of the Golden Girl's "Kinetic" aka "Frenetic") and what promises to be a superb version of Chime (if it's similar to the one played last year).

Anyway, that's now 4 gigs in June - 808 State, New Order, and Orbital (x2) followed by a much needed holiday in Amsterdam at the beginning of July!!

l8rs,

Nick :wink: