Sunset 102 - Help Required

Discuss 808 State Radio Shows, DJ sets, podcasts, interviews etc.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

sunset102_yt

Re: Sunset 102 - Help Required

Post by sunset102_yt »

the cassette at the top of this thread has been ripped, and a tracklisting effort (plus temporary download link) is here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3336
Phat_J

Post by Phat_J »

This is exciting! I'm hoping one day the entire 808 State radio show archive will be found and completed.
If you're interested, I can fix up recordings a bit, like take the hiss out, normalize an balance the volume, boost highs from bad tapes, etc. I've done a lot of work with tape recordings in the past. Let me know.
sunset102_yt

Post by sunset102_yt »

send your email in a PM, i will add you to the google drive with all the recordings we know about

regarding fixing up recordings, most of these were done back in the day and have already been encoded to mp3, which means any editing means converting back to wav then re-encoding as mp3 (thus: lossy) (or keeping as wav). do you have a way round this problem?

shortly, we will be "asking the internet" for any sunset/808 tapes, i've a new TEAC W-1200 for this purpose, but would be happy to send the ripped WAVs for you to process before they are released anywhere